Question about CS1705 and the Presentation framework version mismatch. How to use different version of the Presentationframwork?

LawrenceJ

Programming Experience
10+
I can not figure out how to get past the following error

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS1705 Assembly 'ScottPlot.WPF' with identity 'ScottPlot.WPF, Version=4.1.60.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e53b06131e34a3aa' uses 'PresentationFramework, Version=6.0.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'PresentationFramework' with identity 'PresentationFramework, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' Flex Program Tool C:\Users\LawrenceJensen\Documents\GitHub\FlexProgramTool\Flex Program Tool\CSC 1 Active

I have tried changing my Scottplot library to the earliest version that I can and it is still using 6.0.2.0 instead of 6.0.0.0 of the presentation framework. I have tried finding the PresentiationFramework dll's, and I can't find them on the system. I don't even see the PresentationFramework mentioned in the .csproj file, so I Guess it is automatically included there.

Am I missing the dll for 6.0.2.0? How do I force my project to use version 6.0.2.0 of the presentation framework to get my scottplot library to work?

What version of .NET 6 do you have installed?
Have you tried updating all Nuget packages?

The error message indicates that your assembly 'ScottPlot.WPF' is referencing 'PresentationFramework' version 6.0.2.0, while your project is referencing 'PresentationFramework' version 6.0.0.0, which is causing the conflict. Here are a few things you could try to resolve the issue:

1. Update the reference: You could try updating the 'PresentationFramework' reference in your project to version 6.0.2.0. To do this, right-click on the 'References' folder in your project, select 'Manage NuGet Packages', search for 'PresentationFramework', and update to the latest version available.

2. Use assembly binding redirects: If updating the reference does not work, you could try using assembly binding redirects in your project to force it to use version 6.0.2.0 of 'PresentationFramework'. To do this, add the following code to your app.config or web.config file:
Heart Touching Birthday Wishes for Daughter from Mother
C#:
<configuration>
  <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
      <dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="PresentationFramework" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-6.0.2.0" newVersion="6.0.2.0" />
      </dependentAssembly>
    </assemblyBinding>
  </runtime>
</configuration>

This will redirect all requests for 'PresentationFramework' version 6.0.0.0 to use version 6.0.2.0 instead.

3. Contact the ScottPlot support team: If neither of the above solutions works, you could try contacting the ScottPlot support team for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific guidance on resolving the issue, as they are likely more familiar with the interactions between ScottPlot and the PresentationFramework.

I hope this helps you to resolve the issue!

Back
Top Bottom