Recommended PDF Library

Smurfj3

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I basically need advice on picking the right library to manipulate PDF files. So far I've only used Acrobat Reader but it does not exactly have the functionality I am looking for. What I need is to be able to draw a rectangle on the displayed PDF and extract just the text within the rectangle. I have found multiple libraries that have a function that lets you extract text from specified rectangle however the rectangle coordinates are defined in units and not pixels which is where I am stuck. I can easily create the functionality to draw rectangles on screen around text and get the x/y coordinates and width/height in pixels but those coordinates are useless in many PDF libraries.

Some information about the application, I currently made a Custom UserControl in Windows Forms that implements the Acrobat Reader component and display that in WPF. I extract the text from the PDF using IRONOCR library which can both, extract the text layer from a PDF and scan images, which is another functionality I will use in the future.

If any more information is needed please let me know and I will supply with whatever is needed.

Thanks a bunch

Sounds to me all you need to do is figure out the scaling factor from screen pixels to actual PDF units...

Or are you looking for a different library which will allow you to always use pixels?

Back
Top Bottom