Resolved Rename

Gloops

Programming Experience
10+
Hello everybody,

Visual Studio has a Rename tool, that by default Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition calls with Ctrl+R twice.

It displays a dialog box with no input control.

So, how is the tool supposed to know what new name we want to give to the selected element?

Or is that problem linked to my configuration and the big fonts I have to use? I do not privilege this hypothesis, as fonts are selected in the parameters of Visual Studio.

Solution
Oh, sorry, this thread acted as a "Plastic duck" thread.
I ignore how the joke renders in English, so I explain: somebody once noticed, that after explaining a (preferably complicated, but not necessarily) problem to his plastic duck in his bath, immediately he found the solution. Just the fact of having expressed the problem helped him to solve it.
So, I understood. When the dialog box is displayed, you still can access the text. And so, you can write the new way you want it to be written. And so, the Apply button replaces what was written when opening the dialog box, with what is written when clicking on Apply.
Oh, sorry, this thread acted as a "Plastic duck" thread.
I ignore how the joke renders in English, so I explain: somebody once noticed, that after explaining a (preferably complicated, but not necessarily) problem to his plastic duck in his bath, immediately he found the solution. Just the fact of having expressed the problem helped him to solve it.
So, I understood. When the dialog box is displayed, you still can access the text. And so, you can write the new way you want it to be written. And so, the Apply button replaces what was written when opening the dialog box, with what is written when clicking on Apply.

Solution
Back
Top Bottom