Resolved Reuse the Groups in other Panes

Peque

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Forum

I've started looking a C# to refresh my brain a little. But are newbie at this ...
I have created my own Addin as for now. I have it working as intended - reading information from text file for generating an reply for a order - where I grab the information from the order (Such as name ordernumber etc)

But for now I stuck a little here - Since I would like the same groups Available for both Outlook inbox(When the email is marked) and message(Dbclick on the email)
At this point it a seperate tab in the message dialog, But I would like to have the same group on 2 tabs (Outlook Default tabs) - How is that possible ? Well have tried a little on searching this - but not found the right aswer or are googling the wrong words

In Short - How can I use my own groups on multiple Tabs in Outlook ?

Thanks in Advance
P

Last edited:
Open the Ribbon designer and in Properties select the views it applies to in RibbonType:

1695109080869.png

Open the Ribbon designer and in Properties select the views it applies to in RibbonType:

View attachment 2994
Thanks
Dooh - haven't seen that little Property. (lots have happend since I used Dreamveaver for coding - mainly Java/JSP)
PS ??
I've actually only created 2 Groups on the tab. And I did try playing around with the Built-in tabs to, as descibed here Ribbon Designer - Visual Studio (Windows)
Since I actually want if possible is the 2 Groups to be placed on 2 Built-In tabs - is that possibe, or do I need to create a 2 standalone group pointing to the same functions

RibbonTab.ControlId can only target a single tab id, so groups in a tab will only be placed in one tab.

Back
Top Bottom