Several strange exceptions in small, simple Forms application

desmo

Programming Experience
Beginner
Windows 10 64-bit, VS 2015 Enterprise.

I've got a simple Windows Forms application which lets you insert an URL and user credentials in some TextBoxes. Then you can click a button which opens Selenium ChromeDriver
and accesses the URL with the entered credentials. Then there's a button to kill the chrome processes, and a menu item Help -> About with a simple Form showing some text.

When I run the application and it starts the ChromeDriver instance(s), the exceptions and errors starts to show in VS. And even more when quitting the application. Just starting and stopping the application returns errors, with Exception thrown: 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' in mscorlib.dll in red. The application also hangs/freezes for a few seconds when quitting, if I've used the buttons for starting and killing the ChromeDriver. Not when just starting/stopping the application, though.

C#:
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities\14.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync\14.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.

Exception thrown: 'System.NullReferenceException' in ChromeMullog.exe
Exception thrown: 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' in System.dll
Exception thrown: 'System.Net.WebException' in System.dll
Exception thrown: 'OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException' in WebDriver.dll
The program '[35748] ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[35748] ChromeMullog.vshost.exe: Program Trace' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The nullreferenceexceptions is probably because of error checking/throwing in my code. But the errors about mscorlib.dll, not finding files etc. I don't understand.

Where should I start examining this? Are most of these .NET errors/exceptions which I have no control over? Should I be happy that the symbols for my application (my code) are loaded without errors? If so, why the hanging application on quit?

This line:
C#:
'ChromeMullog.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: ChromeMullog.vshost.exe): Loaded 'D:\Source\Repos\Tools\ChromeMullog\ChromeMullog\bin\Debug\ChromeMullog.vshost.exe'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
refers to the code in my solution. But the file ChromeMullog.pdb is present in the folder, so why does it complain about not finding or opening it?

I can post more of the code, of course, but I don't want to spam the thread with code pastes if it's not necessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom