Resolved Sql ambiguous problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realme

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I get ambiguous error when I try to select ID how can I prevent this?

Here is the code:

SELECT DISTINCT id, title, category,year director FROM movie JOIN director ON movie.id=director.id

How is this a C# question? This looks like a basic SQL syntax problem. The SQL parser doesn't know if the id you have in the columns list refers to the id in the movie or director table.

How is this a C# question? This looks like a basic SQL syntax problem. The SQL parser doesn't know if the id you have in the columns list refers to the id in the movie or director table.
Correct, I needed to do "movie.id"

Shouldn't that be SELECT DISTINCT id, title, category, year, director and not SELECT DISTINCT id, title, category,year director?

Careful when writing statements, and watch your commas.

Of course, this site does not have a debugger. On my sublime text 3 editor it would be more clear if I would make error like that also the database itself would throw error code in that case

We have copy and paste for a reason, and it saves you on typing out your mistakes, and us needing to correct them. Just sayin'

I also fail to see how a site not having a debugger would be able to rectify whether or not your field in your own database exists or not. It's not like they are connected or anything. lol

Well no need to be picky tricky, just w
Writing here won't tell me what I type in wrong.

Also I typed it in on my phone that is why I didn't copy paste

You seem to be getting confused here. Lets start over. Nobody is being tricky picky anything. I am now pointing out that you are wrong.
Shouldn't that be SELECT DISTINCT id, title, category, year, director and not SELECT DISTINCT id, title, category,year director?
I showed you an error above.
Of course, this site does not have a debugger. On my sublime text 3 editor it would be more clear if I would make error like that also the database itself would throw error code in that case
You implied if this site had a debugger, you'd have noticed the error. Which is incorrect.
We have copy and paste for a reason, and it saves you on typing out your mistakes, and us needing to correct them. Just sayin'
I am advising you on how to avoid posting additional mistakes by writing out your code instead of copy and pasting it like you should be doing.
I also fail to see how a site not having a debugger would be able to rectify whether or not your field in your own database exists or not. It's not like they are connected or anything. lol
I then made the point that a debugger on this website would not make any difference since they are not connected to your database to know what tables and columns exist...
Writing here won't tell me what I type in wrong.
Yes, exactly. Thank you for proving my point. So why argue what you knew to be inevitably true. My goodness..... *sigh*

You seem to be getting confused here. Lets start over. Nobody is being tricky picky anything. I am now pointing out that you are wrong.

I showed you an error above.

You implied if this site had a debugger, you'd have noticed the error. Which is incorrect.

I am advising you on how to avoid posting additional mistakes by writing out your code instead of copy and pasting it like you should be doing.

I then made the point that a debugger on this website would not make any difference since they are not connected to your database to know what tables and columns exist...

Yes, exactly. Thank you for proving my point. So why argue what you knew to be inevitably true. My goodness..... *sigh*

I don't know man, check the photo.

I just woke up and I am here and I don't know what you talking of right now, I am just gonna drink my fuzetea and relax, can't really go to beach because it is too hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom