Turning off hover effects in VS 2022?

Programming Experience
5-10
I've found all kinds of dated SO posts explaining how to do this in older versions, but it seems MS has completely forgotten about us Magnifier users. We move the mouse. A lot. To move the zoomed-in area of the screen that we're looking at. Not to trigger constant aggravating tooltips! Hover-lovers and their tooltips! Holy guacamole what a PITA! Guess MS was more interested in telemetry (who's hovering over what, for how long etc.) than UX in their bloated annoy-a-thon lol... I've resorted to using csc.exe and an editor that leaves me the heck alone! :D

The closest reference (historically speaking) I could find was this: How to disable hover tips?
Naturally, it's outdated. I saw another one (closed the tab 20m ago) suggesting there was some JSON file (probably requires admin rights, or was talking about VS code, to edit that)...

Anyone have any ideas on the current fix? If not, no worries - I'm kinda liking micro or nano and a good terminal. That's kinda how I roll on Linux anyway.

RantOver(sorry, lol);

I know that the specific question was about turning off the tooltips, but if the point was to magnify the text, why not just increase the font size, zoom factor of the text editor pane? Or if everything on screen needs to be bigger, set the screen resolution to 640x480.

Back
Top Bottom