Unity and c#

stzog

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi to all!
I know the fundamentals of c# and i want to go further to become a good c# developer.
Can this be achieved via unity??I have been charged a unity AR project and i do not know if it will help me improve my c# skills.
Any recommendation guys?
Regards

In general, any form of programming practice will improve your programming skills. Programming is like learning and practicing martial arts. Everyday of practice makes you just a little better.

There is a caveat, though. While you are practicing, you should be practicing and learning good habits, patterns, and techniques. I have a biased view that Unity lives in its own world, and does not always follow all the best practices for C#. Consider that it doesn't follow the recommended naming conventions, and that it refers to "code" as "scripts".

Hi to all!
I know the fundamentals of c# and i want to go further to become a good c# developer.
Can this be achieved via unity??I have been charged a unity AR project and i do not know if it will help me improve my c# skills.
Any recommendation guys?
Regards

Well, yes, Unity can be a great platform if you are looking to learn C# and want to be a master in this language. As we all know, C# is the primary scripting language used by Unity, which is a popular game development engine. You can also improve your C# programming skills in a number of ways by working on Unity projects, particularly AR (Augmented Reality) projects.
Well, in conclusion, I will say that by utilizing Unity for your AR project and effectively engaging with the Solidarity people group and assets, you can fundamentally upgrade your C# programming abilities and gain important involvement with AR improvement.
Thanks

Hi to all!
Any recommendation guys?
Regards

In my opinion Unity is almost like a different language. See that's the thing: A lot of new programmers think that if they learn a specific language and feel like they've mastered it, if they switch to a completely new implementation or massive library, it's almost like they're learning the language again.
So I guess the point is: If you want to be a UNITY developer, then do so, but don't think that it's necessarily going to translate your C# skills over to making business apps or something like that. There certainly is some cross-over, but there are a lot of differences. Unity is really fun though :) Better than Unreal IMO cause of C# instead of that stupid drag and drop.

Back
Top Bottom