Resolved Visual Studio - List Of Default Font Colours & Their Syntax.

Dalski

Programming Experience
Beginner
Haven't found anything on google/ vs prefs showing a list of the default font colours & their meaning. Can anyone point me to a link showing them?

It seems:
  • Function Identifiers - Yellow;
  • Class Identifiers - Green;
  • Variable Identifiers - Light Blue.

Sheepings you've not understood correctly. My question is not how to change the default fonts & colours in vs. My question is what are the default colours & their meaning/ what are the default colours in vs of keywords in the C# language? I tried to further clarify my question by listing what the obvious differences are from my limited knowledge.

I'm trying to think what else I can put to make my question clearer, but I can't seem to make it any clearer than that.

If you look at the settings linked to, you can see what each of the colors are for particular parts of the language grammar. They may not necessarily be explicitly labeled as "C# identifiers" like they are for C++. I believe for C# (and VB.NET), the label is "User types" and "User members".

Is what you are asking for a way to export the settings instead of having look through the dialogue and inspect settings manually?

Is what you are asking for a way to export the settings instead of having look through the dialogue and inspect settings manually?

That's it Skydiver, it'd be nice if I could export a list so I can refer to it quickly; that'd be real handy for visual cues where I'm going wrong in the future.

Sheepings, my apologies, I had loaded that dialogue many times prior to posting. I was after a more simplistic list showing just the keywords so i could navigate more quickly in the future.

I suppose I'm being a bit silly as the output dialogue will give me strong indications of where I'm going wrong, but I thought it might help me pick things up a bit quicker.

Back
Top Bottom