Resolved w3wp.exe and IIS Debuger

patrick

Programming Experience
1-3
w3wp.exe does not appear.

I need to debug ASP.NET web IIS.

There is C : \ Windows \ System32 \ inetsrv \ w3w.exe in my pc.

abc.png

DDDD.png

Your website must be running to be able to do the remote debugging.

As I recall, that server side debugging is for ASP scripts, not for the general debugging. Anyway, that is orthogonal to what you are trying to achieve.

As I said in post #2, your web app needs to be running for you to able to attach the (remote) debugger. Hit the home page of the web app with your browser from your client machine. Then on the server you will find that w3wp.exe is running via Task Manager. Start up the remote debugger proxy on the server. Then on your client machine start up VS, and do the remote debugging attach. Remember to point to the server machine.

As I recall, that server side debugging is for ASP scripts, not for the general debugging. Anyway, that is orthogonal to what you are trying to achieve.

As I said in post #2, your web app needs to be running for you to able to attach the (remote) debugger. Hit the home page of the web app with your browser from your client machine. Then on the server you will find that w3wp.exe is running via Task Manager. Start up the remote debugger proxy on the server. Then on your client machine start up VS, and do the remote debugging attach. Remember to point to the server machine.

Let me summarize your answers.This is how I understood your answer.

Your Answer) Hit the home page of the web app with your browser from your client machine.
====> (1) In Client PC(My PC), Search for www.webip.com in a web browser.
111.png

Your Answer) Then on the server you will find that w3wp.exe is running via Task Manager.
====> What it means, I didn't understand.

Your Answer) Start up the remote debugger proxy on the server.

Your Answer) Then on your client machine start up VS,
====> In My PC(your client machine), Debug Mode (Brake Point) is set in the VS source code of www.webip.com.
222.png

Your Answer) and do the remote debugging attach.
223.png

Your Answer) and do the remote debugging attach.
====> Is the picture below my understanding of your answer correct?
224.png

Your Answer) Remember to point to the server machine.

Please Help me.

Thank you very much.
It was solved because of your teaching.

Back
Top Bottom