website deployment error - Could not access login page from IIS6

ashok.k

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,
I am working on an ASP.NET website. I am trying to deploy the website on Windows 2003 server, IIS 6. The website works fine when I run using Visual studio 2010. but I am not able to deploy on IIS 6 and access the website login page.
I published the website and created a new Virtual directory in IIS 6 pointing to the precompiled website folder under c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\App-name folder.
I get the below error message when i try to access the website login page.
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://server-name/app-name/Login.aspx'. Line 1, Po...
<%@ page language="C#" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="Login, App_Web_rmgltjnq" %>
-^

In IIS, under ASP.NET tab, I selected the ASP.NET version as v2.0. In IIS, under Web service extensions folder ASP.NET 2.0 is allowed.
Why the does the browser show the message is The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet when I access the aspx page from the IIS?
Please let me know how to fix this issue when access the website from IIS 6.0
Thanks
Ashok

Back
Top Bottom