Question What is the .NET developer roadmap?

westside

Programming Experience
10+
Hi,

I want to work remotely to the US companies in the C# field. I already know:
HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL, C# and ASP.NET Core MVC and extras like: Restful API etc.

And I create tools in my own world.

But when it comes to Jobs and Companies, I get so complicated like there is so much to learn:
- Design Patterns (don't even know where to use in real life)
- Repository Pattern
- Solid Principles
- Enterprise Architectures etc.

And too many other things, and don't even know what a proper roadmap is. Please help me.

Those four things you listed are language and framework agnostic. They are not specific to .NET.

Repository pattern is one of the many design patterns.

You say that you learned MVC. MVC is a design pattern.

Last edited:
Design Patterns (don't even know where to use in real life)
It was actually design patterns in real life which caused Computer Scientists to recognize that there are also design patterns in code. The book that started it all:

and then the computer science version of it. Alexander's book is much more interesting reading than the Gang of Four (aka GoF) book, but the Gang of Four book is what every programmer should have on their desk within easy reach.

A more readable design patterns book for software is by Shalloway: Design Patterns Explained. The book uses a more conversational approach to introducing the how and why of design patterns as opposed to the more clinical approach taken by the GoF.

Last edited:
You say that you learned MVC. MVC is a design pattern.
MVC is indeed a design pattern but it is also a Microsoft web framework that implements that design pattern. .NET web development used to be limited to Web Forms but then Microsoft released the MVC Framework. It was limited initially but has been improved steadily since and was always intended to be the default option, rather than Web Forms. MVC is now one of several options for building web apps in VS, along with Angular and some others.

You need to research the colonies that you are applying for. For example, Google and Amazon prefer their entry level candidates to be more Computer Science focused: so algorithms, data structures, graph theory; and only expect computer engineering practices and architectures from more experienced industry hires. Some smaller consulting firms prefer candidates who have everything already known, while others will take on people with basic skills but demonstrate good abilities to learn quickly and communicate because they know that they will incur training costs any which way.

Back
Top Bottom