Question Why i can't download the official documentation of framework 4.7.2

It's markdown, not PDF, but feel free to clone it and use a local markdown viewer:

I was exploring this link a bit, but I don't know which one I should enter to download the documentation of framework 4.8 or 4.7 in pdf?
1678301394045.png

I was exploring this link a bit, but I don't know which one I should enter to download the documentation of framework 4.8 or 4.7 in pdf?

Re-read post #10. You have to clone the project, and then use a MarkDown viewer to read the docs. It is not about getting a PDF. It is about a MarkDown document.

Why exactly do you need to download copies of the documentation?

Are you trying to save on bandwidth? If so, use a local proxy server with a huge cache.

Have them on paper, to review, for example, with brief notes when I don't have the PC with me. Also protect my eyes from artificial light vs with a piece of paper, among other factors.
"Old school" I guess...

Re-read post #10. You have to clone the project, and then use a MarkDown viewer to read the docs. It is not about getting a PDF. It is about a MarkDown document.
I managed to clone it with git bash but I don't see any .net framework documentation anywhere sadly
1678323115260.png

Have them on paper, to review, for example, with brief notes when I don't have the PC with me. Also protect my eyes from artificial light vs with a piece of paper, among other factors.
"Old school" I guess...

If that is the case, then why not just print the web page? Why do you need to download to PDF if you are going to print anyway?

If that is the case, then why not just print the web page? Why do you need to download to PDF if you are going to print anyway?

It can also be an option, but I don't have a printer, I have to take it to a business. And better to take a file in which are all the information about .net framework 8.
Do you know why cloning the github repository does not show me that document? Thanks

Because the thing you are looking for is likely not in that repo. Read the "Readme.md" in the api directory:

The "conceptual" documentation is in that repo. The other repo referred to in the read me, points to the documentation for most of the APIs which seems to be what you are after. Unfortunately, most of that documentation will be in .XML rather than MarkDown. You'll need to find a tool that converts that XML into something like a CHM or HTML document. (Yes they exist, you just need to search for such tools.)

I think that @cjard pointed you to the conceptual documentation because that is the documentation that makes more sense to have around as PDFs or some other formats to read offline. Do you really want to be reading about LinkedList<T> while offline? What makes more sense to read offline are the various how-to and architectural documentation.

Because the thing you are looking for is likely not in that repo. Read the "Readme.md" in the api directory:

The "conceptual" documentation is in that repo. The other repo referred to in the read me, points to the documentation for most of the APIs which seems to be what you are after. Unfortunately, most of that documentation will be in .XML rather than MarkDown. You'll need to find a tool that converts that XML into something like a CHM or HTML document. (Yes they exist, you just need to search for such tools.)

I think that @cjard pointed you to the conceptual documentation because that is the documentation that makes more sense to have around as PDFs or some other formats to read offline. Do you really want to be reading about LinkedList<T> while offline? What makes more sense to read offline are the various how-to and architectural documentation.

I oponed the api and showed me this....
1678405444620.png

.net framework 8.

There is no .NET 8 anything yet

I think you're making a choice here that makes your life overly difficult. If you're desperate to read the .net docs on something that isn't a monitor, while you're in the bath or whatever, how about just linking a kindle paperwhite to your phone's wifi hotspot and browsing the docs

There is no .NET 8 anything yet

I think you're making a choice here that makes your life overly difficult. If you're desperate to read the .net docs on something that isn't a monitor, while you're in the bath or whatever, how about just linking a kindle paperwhite to your phone's wifi hotspot and browsing the docs

I forgot to write the 4 before the 8.

what you have to remember here is that you're reading source code, effectively, for a custom programming language that is consumed by an application MS wrote that renders the documentation you see on the web

In this day and age of connected everything I think it quite likely that you can just find an online way to read the docs as I mentioned...

.. but then have you considered just buying a book about C#? It will be a lot more readable and geared towards teaching you. Learning C# by reading the API docs is a bit like learning a language by reading the dictionary - perhaps possible but no one does it. A dictionary is an informative reference, a list of facts, not a teacher

Back
Top Bottom