Windows Form project Deployment with WebView2

philip

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi Good day everyone!
Is anyone here have experience using the WebView2 in winform and building and deploying their project? I'm really struggling at this point, It's been 3 days already and can't seem to solve this problem. I created a pdf viewer using WebView2, when I publish the project using an installer in .exe installer the WebView2 is not working. So I find out this documentation Distribute your app and the WebView2 Runtime - Microsoft Edge Developer documentation
I use the Fixed Version runtime, I can't seem to comprehend the number 5 steps on Details about the Fixed Version runtime distribution mode. I read stackoverflow answers but feel insufficient with the details provided. This is my first project in C# .Net framework. At this point I'm still trying to figure out this on my own but if ever someone have been through this maybe you can lend a hand. Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Step 5:
Package and ship the Fixed Version binaries with your app. Update the binaries as appropriate.
Is just a reiteration of step 3:
Include all of the decompressed Fixed Version binaries in your app package, to be deployed on the target machine during your app's installation.

Step 3 says to tell whatever your packaging software is about the fixed version files. Step 5 says to actually create the package.

Moving over to deployment sub forum.
NVM. Looks like we have web deployment section, but not a generic one.

What are you using to package and deploy?

Back
Top Bottom