windows registry graphics card name change problem?

eras269

Programming Experience
5-10
I am changing the name of the graphics card in the windows registry, but the change I have made does not take effect without restarting windows os. How can I make the change take effect without restarting windows os?

thanks regards

Register changes should happen instantly. Is it the device manager or some other bit of UI that is not updating?

Register changes should happen instantly. Is it the device manager or some other bit of UI that is not updating?
Sir, the graphic card name does not change instantly, I have to restart windows to change it. this is so annoying

Where are you looking for the graphics card name? In the registry itself, or somewhere else?

Where are you looking for the graphics card name? In the registry itself, or somewhere else?
yes, I searched in windows registry, found it, changed it but the graphics card name doesn't change instantly. When I restarted the Windows operating system, the name of the graphics card I changed appeared. I don't want to restart.

So the registry did change instantly. So this third time I ask you, what bit of software does not have the updated value?

Most applications will only read the registry on startup because registry reads are considered to be "slow". Because it is slow, polling for changes is also not normally implemented by developers.

I am asking which bit of software is not reading the updated value because you can probably just restart that application instead of restarting Windows completely.

Also, I am not seeing how those is a C# question. This seems more like a Windows OS question. Updating the registry can be done in any language.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom