winform reporting

Muzamil

Programming Experience
Beginner
Looking for 3rd party open source reporting tool or way to implement reporting in winform c#

Are you just looking for just "open source". Or are you looking for "open source and free"? If the latter which version: "free as in 'freedom'" or "free as in 'beer'"?

Last edited:
SSRS is not open source but it is built into VS so, if you're using VS, you can use SSRS. You can add a client report directly to your project and load it into a ReportViewer control. The data can come from any data source. If you want to use server reports then that would require a SQL Server instance, but I believe that there's an Advanced edition of SQL Server Express that supports Reporting Services. There certainly used to be, anyway. SQL Server Express is free and supports databases up to 10 GB.

Note that there may not be the same support for SSRS or even any particular third-party reporting product in .NET Core (which includes .NET 5 and .NET 6) as there is in .NET Framework 4.8.

SSRS is not open source but it is built into VS so, if you're using VS, you can use SSRS. You can add a client report directly to your project and load it into a ReportViewer control. The data can come from any data source. If you want to use server reports then that would require a SQL Server instance, but I believe that there's an Advanced edition of SQL Server Express that supports Reporting Services. There certainly used to be, anyway. SQL Server Express is free and supports databases up to 10 GB.
Thanks. I am designing a winform App and using .Net 5. I am using PostgreSQL database. I want to do data grouping that show on report viewer for that I have been looking for an open source and free reporting tool to integrate with or any other better way. Do you think this is better choice?

Back
Top Bottom