App Crashing

kashgoyal

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi,
I am working on Windows Desktop Application developed on WPF + .Net Core 3.0.

My application is running fine in both debug and release mode but when i publish my application and run .exe it is crashing.

In the event viewer logs it is showing Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll.

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

.NET Core 3.0 is out of support.

Try rebuilding with .NET Core 3.1.

Moreover, .NET Core 3.0 has been out of support for a year and a half. .NET Core 3.1 is supported until December next year. You ought to consider going to .NET 6 if possible, but definitely at least .NET Core 3.1.

Regardless, how EXACTLY are you deploying your app? If you don't have a global exception handler, You should add one and see if you can actually catch this exception and get specific information about what happened and where.

how EXACTLY are you deploying your app?
I assume that is what in reference to the OP's previous thread where it took multiple posts to tease out from the OP that he was building his app as single executable but never bothered to tell us this important piece of information.

As I recall from that thread we also recommended upgrading .NET Core versions.

Hi Skydriver,

I already updated my .Net Core Version to 3.1 from 3.0 but still it's giving me the same error...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    97.4 KB · Views: 35
I could be wrong but I though C# applications are not supposed to crash like this ? Are you maybe calling a windows DLL directly ?

Is .NET Core also upgrade to .NET Core 3.1.21 on the client machine?

Is Windows Defender the only antivirus running on the machine, or are they using McAfee or some other AV that is doing DLL injection?

Hi,

I am checking firstly on my system only after publishing the project into a single executable file. I have upgraded the project to latest 3.1.

Also, only windows defender is running on my system.. I have not installed any other AV on my system.

I can't recall where I saw it, but there was a step-by-step guide for packaging and troubleshooting single executables. There was the obvious things about dealing with reflection, but there were other things to look at and cover.

Back
Top Bottom