Book for beginners in OOP with C#.

BrunoB

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello good day, what book do you recommend me? thanks

What does the acronym POO stand for?

Ironically, the best books I learned object oriented programming are not directly about the low level nitty gritty of writing code, but rather the concepts that the code ends up implementing. So to that end I recommend Alan Shalloway's "Design Patterns Explained" which fortunately is in C#, and Martin Fowler's "Refactoring" which has Java.

If you are a beginning programmer just ramping up on the C# language, and at the same time trying to learn good object oriented programming habits, there is an old book about game programming in C# targeting the Managed DirectX (MDX). I thought that the author did a a great job of helping a student go up 4 different learning curves simultaneously: C#, DirectX, object oriented design, and game programming. If/when my brain eventually fetches the book title and author, I'll reply to this thread.

Tom Miller's "Beginning 3D Game Programming"

thank you very kindly.
Maybe for you they are basic books, but for me they are very advanced, but I will see them anyway.
How about this one?thank you.
1671479704901.png

That table of contents shows topics for learning C#, not about learning object oriented programming.

Yup, it's all still C# specific. The only thing there that mildly touches on object oriented programming are the sections about polymorphism and interfaces. Object oriented programing is language agnostic. Object oriented programming is about how object interact with each other, and how they are structured to work in concert.

If your question was "Is Mastering C# by Michael B. White a good book for learning C#?", then I would likely say yes given that table of contents. But your question is coming out to be "Is Mastering C# by Michael B. White a good book for learning object oriented programming?" and I'm leaning towards no.

Well, I will suggest below books to read and all of these you can find over Amazon.

1. C# Programming Yellow Book by Rob Miles
2. Head First C# by Andrew Stellman and Jennifer Greene
3. C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development by Mark J. Price
4. Programming C# 8.0: Build Windows, Web, and Desktop Applications by Ian Griffiths
5. C# 9.0 Pocket Reference by Joseph Albahari and Ben Albahari

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom