Looking for non-novice books

AutomatingStuff

Programming Experience
10+
Hi, new here.
I am looking for english or swedish books mainly about C#.
The topics im mostly interested in is OOP, Threading, CLI, WPF (code to controls with data/text), How and when to use unit testing.
Would be nice to have stuff that as self-taught, get stuff pointed out "like this and this" of ways to do stuff that i might missed/not know.
Also, what attributes are, examples how and when to use them. More in-depth usage of different classes, passing data between classes, forms and threads.
I know there is a million sites out there with the information, my thinking is, there i more or less have to know what i am looking for, where as the books can bring forward different ways, ideas and examples that could be of interest for me, but i dont know of it yet.

Could be both a digital copy, or a printed on paper.

I don't think there is a single book that covers all those. There are some beginner books that touch on them lightly, but it seems you are looking for something more in depth for each of those topics.

I would suggest the "Effective C#" book series to address some of the OOP, data passing, as well as, usage of language features like attributes of your question. As I recall, threading is also covered. Also "Design Patterns Explained" by Allan Shalloway is a more approachable way to learn about design patterns which indirectly enforces more OOP thinking.

For deeper discussions about threading and asynchronous programming, books and blog posts by Stephen Cleary. There is also another Steve who writes extensively about threading and asynchronous programming but I can't recall his last name. (I still haven't had my coffee.)

For WPF, books and blog posts by Josh Smith are excellent.

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Well, there are lots of books on this that you can use for learning C#. I will recommend you to read below books.
1. C# in Depth by Jon Skeet: This book provides an in-depth exploration of C#, covering advanced topics and features of the language. It offers practical examples and insights into C# concepts.
2. C# 9.0 in a Nutshell: The Definitive Reference by Joseph Albahari and Ben Albahari: Considered a comprehensive reference guide, this book covers C# 9.0 and offers detailed explanations of the language's syntax, features, and APIs. It's a useful resource for both beginners and experienced developers.
3. C# Programming Yellow Book by Rob Miles: This beginner-friendly book provides a solid introduction to C# programming. It covers fundamental concepts, syntax, and practical examples to help you get started with C#.
4. Pro C# 9 and .NET 5: Modern Cross-Platform Development by Mark J. Price: This book covers C# 9 and .NET 5, providing a comprehensive guide to modern C# programming and development. It covers essential topics, including OOP, LINQ, WPF, and unit testing.
5. Head First C# by Andrew Stellman and Jennifer Greene: Designed for beginners, this book takes a unique approach to teaching C#. It presents concepts in a visually engaging manner, making it easier to understand and grasp the language.
Well, I also seen this post where author listed top 10 C# books that you can read to learn C#.
I hope it will help you.
Thanks

The OP is not trying to learn the C# language. The OP trying to learn about various programming concepts and how to implement them in C#.

Back
Top Bottom