Check Printing with MICR E13-B Font

AlphonseG

Programming Experience
10+
I have spent hours searching for technical info on this subject, but have come up empty. Like most, I build reports (.NET Winforms app) using a reporting engine like Crystal Reports, DevExpress (my choice), etc. When a special font is needed, just install it on the machine and set the appropriate display control to use it. I would think this would be the same for MICR.

However, the printer vendor (You are being redirected...) keeps mentioning including PCL commands and can provide no further info.

Another vendor provides no additional info either. Seems that they want to sell their software.

Over the past several years we have built an application that handles just about all of my client's company needs and he doesn't want to have to resort to additional software for such a seemingly simple process.

Does anyone have any experience printing 'reports' using MICR font?

Is it necessary to use PCL commands?

Do I need to scrap using a reporting engine and build something using PCL?

For anyone else that might run into this, here is the solution.
I downloaded a free MICR E13-B font, used it in the appropriate places on a standard report (I use Devexpress).
Client installed a toner cartridge with magnetic ink in a standard laser printer.
The bank approved the results and it has been in production use for over a month.

Back
Top Bottom