Question Does ReportDocument not work in .NetCore 3.0

Dev Think

Programming Experience
1-3
when i created ReportDocument object then raised exception on runtime, but that same work in .NetFramework and is work fine, so can anyone please tell me how to use ReportDocument or any alternate, because i want to get parameters of .rpt files and also set parameter values.

Maybe you could tell us what this ReportDocument actually is rather than making us guess. I just searched on the Microsoft Docs site and it isn't listed there so it's obviously not a standard part of .NET, so it could come from anywhere. Provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem. What products and technologies you're using outside of the standard is always relevant.

That said, if you're referencing a library in a .NET Core project then it has to be built for .NET Core. You need to check for yourself first whether the library you're using was or not.

And also tell us exactly what the exception detail as are rather than just some vague "raised an exception". What type of exception? What is the message in the exception? What is in the call stack? Are the inner exceptions? If so what are they?

Maybe you could tell us what this ReportDocument actually is rather than making us guess. I just searched on the Microsoft Docs site and it isn't listed there so it's obviously not a standard part of .NET, so it could come from anywhere. Provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem. What products and technologies you're using outside of the standard is always relevant.

That said, if you're referencing a library in a .NET Core project then it has to be built for .NET Core. You need to check for yourself first whether the library you're using was or not.
i have used crystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine for ReportDocument, sorry :cry: i can not share code, used this library i simply create object of Report Document and break the code

If you can't share the code because of company rules or the like then you need to try harder in other areas, not less. This:
i simply create object of Report Document and break the code
is just way too vague and shows no real effort on your part to help us help you. What does "break the code" even mean? You need to provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem, which includes EXACTLY what you expect to happen and EXACTLY what does happen.

Also, have you tried the Crystal Reports web site and/or documentation to see what they have to say about .NET Core support? RTFM is a cliché for a reason. We're here to help with the stuff that you can't figure out but you don't know that you can't figure something out yourself if you don't try, so you need to do all that you can first. I don't use CR myself so I'd have to go looking for information to help you with your problem but, if I can find that information, you can too.

My hunch is that their beloved crystal reposts is not supported in dnc...

Instead of telling us an exception occurred, tell us exactly what the exception details are so we know for sure what you are dealing with?

If you can't share your code or a mock of your code, you will need to learn to rely on your debugger and if you don't use it, you will need to learn how to in the two links below.

And

when i created ReportDocument object then raised exception on runtime, but that same work in .NetFramework and is work fine

What works in dnf does not always work the same in dnc. Code is often also wrote much differently. I don't use crystal reports, but last I recall, it is not compatible with dnc at all. And getting it to work there will be like fighting with a Rottweiler.

Since you are saying it is a runtime error. I suggest you check your version of dnc in your project is targeted towards the lower versions than v3++ ie v2.1 for compatibility. But I have my doubts if that this will help you at all. You may be stuck on dnf 3.5 or later.

Back
Top Bottom