Drawing 2D regions on a Map

Cyberduke

Programming Experience
1-3
This should be much easier than what I am experiencing. I think I'm being dumb. Anyway I need to draw complex 2D regions (with holes and may consist of a few areas not physically connected) on a world map in C# winforms, then also get an event triggered when one is clicked(also need to know which one)
I have been using GMapPolygon up until now but this proved to be insufficient because it just builds with lines. I am also aware of the Ggoogle Maps Javascript API, but this does not seem to be free.

Are there any good free libraries that can help me here?

With points sufficiently close together, lines drawn between the points will look like a smooth curve.

Yes I am aware, but if you look below, here is an example of exactly the problem, the region has "holes" in it. This creates a problem with the current library, So what I need is some way to make complex shapes with holes in it.

bnuvYJs.png

What data are you feeding define the region? From what I can see, it doesn't look like any work has been done to try to follow any outlines.

I have points that defines the outlines, but the problem is that there are holes in the shapes. So I need to tell the library that I am drawing a hole in the shape.

In the current configuration it basically is not a shape with a hole but rather a shape that wraps around itself

Back
Top Bottom