Question Execute Suggested Action Bug

Kontorta

Programming Experience
5-10
Hello guys. I want to add a Reference in the class library, but it's been stuck here for how long. Is there a method?
project .net core
Adsız.png

After burned once by the VS2019 suggested actions, I never choose that option. I always do things manually. It corrupted about 20 files and their associated downstream dependents. Recovery was easy because I use source control, but if I were the version of myself several years ago which did not believe in source control, I would have been screwed.

After burned once by the VS2019 suggested actions, I never choose that option. I always do things manually. It corrupted about 20 files and their associated downstream dependents. Recovery was easy because I use source control, but if I were the version of myself several years ago which did not believe in source control, I would have been screwed.
I add it manually but it does not accept this time? how can i handle it?

What did you add?

How exactly did you add a reference?

When you say that it did not accept it, what error are getting?

Are you sure you added a reference correctly?

If it didn't work then it is almost certain that you did it wrong. If you don't tell us what you did, we can't tell you what's wrong with it.

By the way, if you have projects in the same solution then you should generally be referencing the project rather than a compiled DLL. That way, the reference will update whenever you make changes to the library project and you can easily debug both at the same time.

If this is hanging, then try reinstalling C++ Redist packages along with any Windows updates.

• My next question is where or what is the location of your project?
  • Do you get the same issue with your anti-virus and anti-malware scanners disabled?
  • Have you problems adding other references or is it only an issue with this one in the screenshot?

Back
Top Bottom