Fully crossplatform C# plotting library

tokechu

Programming Experience
1-3
Basically, I need a plotting library with support of exporting as image that does not utilize System.Drawing.* namespaces, as they are going to be marked as "Windows-only" in .NET 7 (see the link Breaking change: System.Drawing.Common only supported on Windows - .NET).

I have already checked such libs as OxyPlot.Core, ScottPlot and Plotly.NET (the last one is in preview and reliability leaves much to be desired), but the all DO utilize those namespaces.

Do you truly need cross platform? Or is there just one specific non-Windows platform you have in mind? Think YAGNI.

Since all of those that you already mention seem to have a MIT license, why not just pick one and fork it. And then also go and fork System.Drawing.Common as well as libgdiplus and it's dependencies. Then it becomes your responsibility to keep up-to-date (or not).

I don't have that much time to invent something custom :)
The task needs to be done by the end of the week, if not earlier

And now you see why Microsoft decided not to continue supporting System.Drawing.Common for anything beyond Windows.

I recommend doing searches with the keywords "SkiaSharp" and "plotting" to see if anything comes out. Good luck on your search!

And look at one of the top results: OxyPlot again:

Back
Top Bottom