Resolved How do I detect usb storage in unity android?

Duvyanshu

~matchmaker~
Programming Experience
1-3
I am trying to read a text file from usb storage through my unity android game in unity 2018.4.9.
I am using java class GetExternalFilesDir but it doesn't reads Usb storage in 90% android devices. It reads only internal storage and sd card(if inserted).

I am struggling with it for weeks now and I will be very grateful if you can provide a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.

I thought you said it was created in Unity?

Surely you remember which software you created it with...

Tell your client they are asking you to do something extremely difficult which I've only seen big companies such as Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, and other big brand companies do with their camera software apps, and your client should consider other alternatives. Three years ago, Canon adapted to use a PC app to transfer files from the camera instead of from Android app to PC, because of the difficulties involved with media volumes being completely different, they abandoned the process. If you think you are a better dev than what Canon can hire, then knock yourself out and give it a go. But I still won't be participating in helping you with it.
@Sheepings Finally God has spoken. Yes it is created in unity but coded with VS 2017 COmmunity edition. I get it now, the process is not efficient and effective. I will get that to clients.

Still hoping you could see your knowledge base from 20 years of experience and find out a way to work the specified requirement.

Thank you so much anyways. At least I can convince my client with your thread now and work on online alternative.

@Sheepings Finally God has spoken.
Well thank Godness for that. :cool:

Still hoping you could see your knowledge base from 20 years of experience and find out a way to work the specified requirement.
Baiting doesn't work with me. But nice try. God loves a trier. And it's more like 19 years, and only about 17 different languages, not 20. :)

You're very welcome.

Well thank Godness for that. :cool:

Baiting doesn't work with me. But nice try. God loves a trier. And it's more like 19 years, and only about 17 different languages, not 20. :)

You're very welcome.

I am grateful to all here for clearing my doubts and bringing me concrete information to resolve my issue with an alternate. I will refer in future for other issues. Thanks a lot again

One Last thing, I am new to this forum. Do I close this thread from somewhere? Or you guys will do it?

You can tag it as resolved.

Back
Top Bottom