How to build a Dashboard project?

phakay

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello awesome community,
I’m quite new to this forum and so this my first post.
I need help in doing a project for my final year. I want to build a dashboard to measure the KPI of business,
the requirement is to use tools from C#.
I’m very much of a beginner, however I’m quite a fast learner.
Any helpful resources, videos, links, post would be highly appreciated.
Once again i’m happy to be amongst this awesome forum.
Cheers
:slight_smile:

just to be a bit more clearer,
This is a project we do after our IT training, so I guess I could say it is a University Project.
And yes we have been taken through some design course(not the best of help though).
As for the design, I have this in mind:

Capture
Capture1588×489 34.5 KB

A good "would be: scenario is that:
The chief executive wants to know how well the company is doing, so he uses this solution (maybe a desktop app or hosted on web server) and he can see just how well the company is doing.
I’m still not clear as to how the input data would be retrieved, at the moment I have two options:
either through a Database server(would have to work on DB communication)
or an Excel sheet that would be hosted online(would also have to consider retrieving data from an excel sheet)
Hope you get the idea.
And yes this probably my first project.
i’m opened to any suggestions, resource or recommendations.
Thanks for your time, this truly means alot to me.
:slight_smile:

Welcome to the site,
Any helpful resources, videos, links, post would be highly appreciated.
We don't do research but if you want someone to do that, you'd have to pay someone to do so. We help with troubleshooting programme errors and language related issues along with general coding support for code you've written yourself.
Database server(would have to work on DB communication)
I would advise doing this with a database, perhaps SQLExpress or SQL CE. But I wouldn't do it in Excel personally.

If this is the same software, KPI Examples and Templates there is an abundance of information on their site, but if this is the same company as you refer to with the dashboard stuff, there is a charge for developers to acquire the software. You can also do a crash course via email and that can be found on their website also, assuming its the same product that you mentioned.

But I wouldn't do it in Excel personally.
Thanks for the recommendation will keep that in mind.
Also, I don't mind having to actually pay for it as long as I get to learn to learn how to build it myself eventually,
I'm quite a fast learner. Unfortunately, i have limited time to pull it off.
Do you have any recommendations pls.

Unfortunately, i have limited time to pull it off.
Do you have any recommendations pls.
Not specifically, but I wouldn't hang around. Fast learner or not. I've seen many people come to C# with experience coding in other languages and some of them have found there is a lot to take in and learn. With that, if you have limited time. Start writing today.

Not specifically, but I wouldn't hang around. Fast learner or not. I've seen many people come to C# with experience coding in other languages and some of them have found there is a lot to take in and learn. With that, if you have limited time. Start writing today.
well I guess, I'd have to put my back into it. It's my project after all alright.
I have no business whining about complexities.
I'll definitely pull it off.
Thanks for your support, you are truly awesome. (y)

Back
Top Bottom