Resolved How To Override The Runtime System.dll Namespace?

Dalski

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm trying to understand inheritance fully Inheritance - C# Programming Guide but it'd be better if I could put the object class in the actual tutorial. I want to fully absorb it by stepping through the code & see the Object class working. The tutorial only has the derived classes WorkItem & ChangeRequest & their members. It'd be so much better if I could see the object class working as I step-through.

1 - Is it possible to find the source code of the object class? I found the System.dll in virtual studio, but this looks to be object code, already compiled (I think I'm correct in this statement?).

2 - If I was to complete 1, would I then run into naming conflicts or would C# prioritize local declarations over namespaced ones?

Sshh... Don't tell Linus.
haha - I think; after re-reading what he said, he may actually have meant something completely different. Rewriting the etc would require rewriting the kernel. Rewriting configs in the etc is completely different. RP has configs in the etc directory such as message of the day etc. no pun intended.

That made me laugh

Yes I understand the system.dll assembly was incorrectly being referenced from the link provided. The mscorlib assembly needed to be referenced. But I cannot for the life of me see where I could've learned this from referencing the .NET API Browser.
The documentation for the Object class is here:

Like every type page in that documentation, it states at the top what namespace it's a member of and what assembly it's declared in. What does it say at the top of that page? I think the issue here seems to be that you don't (or didn't) understand the difference between a namespace and an assembly.

Back
Top Bottom