Resolved I really need help with an assignment

horus

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi Everyone, I'm currently on my first semester of learning programming C# and I need your help with my first assignment please
If someone can help me with that, add me on discord : <removed by moderator>
Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not write down here what you are trying to do, what you have done to try to achieve that goal, and what problems you are running into? Show us your code (as text in code tags -- not a screenshot).

I'm sorry, yeah I could but it's a private project, I just need help with writing a 5 lines codes, I think if someone really has knowledge in this domain he can solve it in 10seconds, but I'm a beginner and I don't know how, if you can help me, just add me on discord and I'll share with you the file and what i need to do

If you describe your problem, someone here can likely help you.

This forum aims to help the community. Chances are that others will have similar questions as you do. By having the discussion here in my public, they can learn to. Any one-on-one tutoring isn't going to aid the community as a whole.

This is my problem :

Open the project in Visual Studio.
Important: You MUST only add code as indicated by the comments in that file. If you don't, you're virtually guaranteed to fail all the test cases in the automated grader.

Requirements

Your solution must do the following:
- Print the symbol for each of the first 10 elements of the periodic table, with each symbol appearing on its own line in the output
- In case you’re having a hard time understanding what your output should look like, here are the first 3 lines of required output (you’ll have 10 lines of output):

H

He

Li

Thank you for helping me

Attachments

• eoJnQpKlS9iCZ0KSpVvYUg_07dd8bccb21c48d4a78bfb7c7b52e2f1_1-Windows-Programming-Assignment-1-Mat...zip
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
I tried to solve it but I can't write Debug.Log or Print to write the 10 symboles, if you want to help me thank you, if no, just tell me I can remove the post,

We do want to help but, in order to do that, we need an actual explanation of an actual problem. If you're just here to get a programming tutor or to get someone to do your assignment for you then you'll be disappointed. If you're prepared to do what you can and then explain the issue when you encounter one then we can actually help you.

It sounds like you might benefit from working through a debugging tutorial. You probably don't need to write any extra code. Just set a breakpoint and you can then simply hover the mouse over a variable to see its value. You also have the Autos and Locals windows to automatically display various values.

I tried to solve it but I can't write Debug.Log or Print to write the 10 symboles, if you want to help me thank you, if no, just tell me I can remove the post,
That's because Debug.Log and Print are not in C#'s library. Perhaps you should be using Console.WriteLine(). On the other hand, I highly doubt that a teacher would give an assignment that requires writing to the console without first teaching their students about Console.WriteLine(). Did you miss (or skip) a few lectures?

Last edited:
That's because Debug.Log and Print are not in C#'s library. Perhaps you should be using Console.WriteLine(). On the other hand, I highly doubt that a teacher would give an assignment that requires writing to the console without first teaching their students about Console.WriteLine(). Did you miss (or skip) a few lectures?
I studied console.writeline and debug.log and print, but in this project or assignment, I don't know where or how to use the console.WriteLine code because I'm used to simple exercises and this is my first week of learning. Help please, I need to get the assignment done and know how to do it again by myself before 29th may

Here's a freebie:
C#:
Console.WriteLine("H");

Yes I know how to do the same for the 10 ones but I don't understand where and how, Like do i have to open Visual studio first or Unity ? and Where to write the 10 lines code and how to save the file ^^' I'm still new to this, first assignment,

How did your teacher demonstrate to do things?

He told us how to write the consolewriteline code but in the assignment, he tells in the file if you open it in visual studio where to put the codes, but I didn't understand his writing, so can you help ?
I just need to know :

Where to put the 10 codes
What to do after I write them to test them
How to save the file

Thank you man for your patience

Back
Top Bottom