make a windows form a dll

jassie

Programming Experience
1-3
I would like to be able to take an existing console application that is written in C# 2008 and just make it a dll. I would thenlike to write a new web forms page in C# 2010 that would pass the information to the console app that was entered into the web form.
Can you tell me how to accomplish this goal?

Here's the title of your thread:
make a windows form a dll
Here's the first sentence of your post:
I would like to be able to take an existing console application that is written in C# 2008 and just make it a dll.
It's like you're trying to confuse us. Please take the time to post clearly in future.

You can simply change the output type of the project to Class Library and the next time you build it it will spit out a DLL. You'll then need to reference that in your application project.

I am sorry about saying the wrong type of description.

I have the following additional items to mention:

1. The solution file has 4 project files.
2. 2 project files are already class libraries.
3. 2 more project folders are windows forms. The 'driver' project folder I believe should be turned into a class libary that is accessed by the web application.
4. The second proejct folder that is currently a windows form. Should I leave that project folder a windows form or make it a class libary? Can you tell me why you chose that answer for the type of proejct folder?
5. The project folder that is the 'driver' folder that I will change to a class libary, can you tell me how the web page will communicate with that project folder?

Back
Top Bottom