Resolved My Visual studio 2019 keeps on crashing when adding a new controller in .net core

Socks93

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, can anyone think of any possible reason why my visual studio 2019 keeps on crashing? Once i close it down, restart it and attempt to add more attributes to the controller class it freezes and then crashes.
This has happened before but I never found the solution to it.

Does anyone have an idea of why this may be occurring? are there any settings that I should change etc.

Thankyou!

Out of curiosity, how many extensions do you have installed in VS, and by any chance is one of them by Telerik?

In my experience, the Telerik add-on packages always end up corrupting VS. Repairing or updating VS makes things better for a while until the corruption kicks in again. I had two machines with VS that I used about equally. One with the Telerik packages on it, and another one without. The one with always was flakey. When my company decided not to renew our Telerik license, I uninstalled it. Suddenly, both machines were equally rock stable.

Don't take this as a ding against the Telerik controls. They are actually very nice. It's just the VS add-ons that seem to have an issue. Perhaps their testing department works like the Microsoft Windows testing department: They only test fresh installs. They don't test platforms which have been used daily and gone through multiple patches and upgrades unless someone gives them a specific repro or regression scenario.

Back
Top Bottom