Need Windows Forms

Jon Jacobs

Programming Experience
10+
I installed Visual Studio Community Edition. In the setup I selected .NET desktop development where it said: Build WPF, Windows Forms, and console applications using C#... and .NET Framework
Windows Forms and an occasional console application are all I'm interested in. When installation was complete, the only template for creating a solution was Blank Solution. If I use that and Add a new project, there are NO templates for projects. How do I get the needed templates for creating Windows Forms and console applications? Should I uninstall 2022 and download an earlier version? (I don't know if they are available since I didn't check).

Oh, it was this thread. See post number #5. I don't think you ever responded to the question I asked in it

Of all the posts on this thread, that was the only one I didn't see. Since I uninstalled 2022, I can't follow a similar path for 2022. As I upgrade versions, I will keep track of such locations. Meanwhile, I will copy my winforms template and a few others to a safe location, in case I lose them as I progress. Thank you for that insight.

Back
Top Bottom