Resolved No app.config in Visual Studio 2019 (BADLY NEED HELP)

NEEDHELPGUYS

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello Guys, I'm a totally a newbie in C#. I just recently installed my Visual Studio and there's a guy on youtube that I watch on how to make a CRUD. Unfortunately, When I am following this tuts I discovered I don't have any app.config to connect my database. Someone please help me. :(

2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I would strongly suggest that you switch from folder view to solution view, which is what your second screenshot displays. The fourth button on the Solution Explorer toolbar will do that.

Firstly, I would strongly suggest that you switch from folder view to solution view, which is what your second screenshot displays. The fourth button on the Solution Explorer toolbar will do that.
There's no still app config sir :( But Thank you :) you are so kind

Attachments

• 2222.png
    2222.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 57
As for the issue, you can either just add an App.config file like you would add any other new item to your project, or you can create your connection string as an application setting and the file will be created for you. I would suggest the second option. To do that, right-click the project and select Properties, select the Settings page, enter a reasonable name for your connection string for a new setting, select (Connection string) in the Type field, click the Value field, click the browse button (...) and then configure your connection string. Once you OK that, you should find that a config file is added that contains your connection string. During development, any changes you make to the connection string ought to be made via the Settings interface. After deployment, changes can be made in the config file. With that done, you can then access your connection string in code via Properties.Settings.Default.YourConnectionStringName.

If you want or need to add a config file explicitly, you can select to add a new item using either the Project menu or by right-clicking the project in the Solution Explorer, then select the General category and then select the Application Configuration File item.

If you want or need to add a config file explicitly, you can select to add a new item using either the Project menu or by right-clicking the project in the Solution Explorer, then select the General category and then select the Application Configuration File item.
Gracious God, It helps me a lot . Thank you sir you're a blessing. Solved. :)

Back
Top Bottom