Using API

VitzzViperzz

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

So I know that this could be a big leap, but I really want to get into using APIs in C#. I think if I could even make something simple, it would motivate me to program bigger applications.

I had a look at some YouTube videos, but they covered things like ASP.Net. Is that what I have to learn if I want to make windows applications using API?

I don't want to build for the cloud and I want to work with APIs from Yahoo that deal with financial data.

Is that possible on computer applications or do I need to learn ASP.Net? Also, any pointers on what sources to look at?

Thanks

ASP.NET is the overarching technology for building web applications in .NET. If you want to build a web app then you'll use ASP.NET and if you don't then you won't.

Developing against an API really just means referencing a third-party library. If it's a managed API, i.e. .NET, then you will simply reference the appropriate library and away you go. If it's a web API then you will need to learn how to make web requests in .NET. If it's an unmanaged API then you'll need to learn to use Platform Invoke.

Back
Top Bottom