Is there any issue learning C# and ASP.NET MVC with .NET framework 3.5 and 4.0 if there are jobs on .NET?

Janhvi

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am a beginner and want to learn C#.NET and ASP.NET MVC but I am learning C#.NET and ASP.NET MVC with .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0. I just wanted to make sure That I have seen so many jobs on .NET and they want skills like C# and ASP.NET MVC so If I learn C#.NET and ASP.NET MVC with .NET framework 3.5 and 4.0 then any issues there?
companies still are working on .NET framework 3.5 and 4.0? As a beginner should I worry about the version?

See @Renu 's thread asking exactly the same thing:

Short answer is yes, there will be issues.

ASP.NET MVC has changed dramatically from the old version to the latest version. Even experts in the field whose jobs are to write ASP.NET MVC had problems moving up to the latest version. Do you as a beginner expect to fare better than they did?

And also the way ASP.NET for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 put a lot of emphasis on learning to use WebForms. People have learned since them that WebForms is actually the worse way to put together a web application. Hence the birth of MVC, and then later Web API + Razor, or Web API + JavaScript framework du jour: React, Angular, etc.

See @Renu 's thread asking exactly the same thing:

Short answer is yes, there will be issues.

ASP.NET MVC has changed dramatically from the old version to the latest version. Even experts in the field whose jobs are to write ASP.NET MVC had problems moving up to the latest version. Do you as a beginner expect to fare better than they did?

And also the way ASP.NET for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0 put a lot of emphasis on learning to use WebForms. People have learned since them that WebForms is actually the worse way to put together a web application. Hence the birth of MVC, and then later Web API + Razor, or Web API + JavaScript framework du jour: React, Angular, etc.

fundamentally any issue?

If you don't mind learning, then forgetting about 3/4s of what you learned because it doesn't apply anymore, then no issues at all.

Please take time to read the other thread and come to your own conclusions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom