Tip Using Ribbon Control in WinForms

adriancs

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi guys, I would like to share an open source ribbon control for WinForms.

Project Name: RibbonWinForms
Project URL: RibbonWinForms/RibbonWinForms

Following is a quick guide:

The ribbon class library can be added via Nuget. Right click your project and go to "Manage Nuget Packages..."

Search "RibbonWinForms" and install the nuget package.

Drag the ribbon control into the form.

Click "Add Tab"

Click "Add Panel"

Showing the commands of the "Panel"

Click the command and add the controls you want.

Changing the icon and button text label.

Adding the "Click" event.

Type the commands that you wish to do in the event block.

Now, try run the application.

Example of using RibbonForm style.

Replace the inheritance of "Form",

to "RibbonForm".

Note:

Some behaviour of "RibbonForm" might not be working properly in some unknown circumstances. We recommend that you to perform the test in your environment before delivering your application into production.

That's all for now, thanks for reading and happy coding.

Last edited:

adriancs

Programming Experience
5-10
Guys, I would like to share this project to more community, is there any popular C# forum or sharing platform out there at your area? Please post the link below, so that I can re-post this guide/tutorial at other site. Thanks.

Skydiver

Programming Experience
10+
Considering that you already posted the same stuff above in Reddit, and that got highlighted in Android newsfeeds, I don't know why you want to spam more forums. That was already a lot of reach there.

adriancs

Programming Experience
5-10
Different programmers come from different countries. Each has their own flavor community. Even though Reddit is popular, but not all programmers in the world actively visiting Reddit.

Last edited:

Skydiver

Programming Experience
10+
Ah, I see, so you are looking for leads for those country/language specific forums? Presumably you'll also find somebody to help you translate to those specific languages.

I can understand the motivation for this project back in 2008 because back then it was Office 2007 specific. But it's now 2019 and Microsoft has provided the Windows Ribbon Framework. Why not use the OS provided APIs instead?

Update: Ah, I see. This is just a wrapper around the Windows Ribbon Framework, and provides a much more user friendly way to create ribbon controls instead of hacking on XAML directly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom