Tip Using Ribbon Control in WinForms

adriancs

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi guys, I would like to share an open source ribbon control for WinForms.

Project Name: RibbonWinForms
Project URL: RibbonWinForms/RibbonWinForms

t3.png

Following is a quick guide:

The ribbon class library can be added via Nuget. Right click your project and go to "Manage Nuget Packages..."

a01.jpg

Search "RibbonWinForms" and install the nuget package.

a02.jpg

Drag the ribbon control into the form.

a03.jpg

Click "Add Tab"

a04.jpg

Click "Add Panel"

a05.jpg

Showing the commands of the "Panel"

a06.jpg

Click the command and add the controls you want.

a07.jpg

Changing the icon and button text label.

a08.jpg

Adding the "Click" event.

a09.jpg

Type the commands that you wish to do in the event block.

a10.jpg

Now, try run the application.

a11.jpg

Example of using RibbonForm style.

a12.jpg

Replace the inheritance of "Form",

a13.jpg

to "RibbonForm".

a14.jpg

Note:

Some behaviour of "RibbonForm" might not be working properly in some unknown circumstances. We recommend that you to perform the test in your environment before delivering your application into production.

That's all for now, thanks for reading and happy coding.

Last edited:
Guys, I would like to share this project to more community, is there any popular C# forum or sharing platform out there at your area? Please post the link below, so that I can re-post this guide/tutorial at other site. Thanks.

Considering that you already posted the same stuff above in Reddit, and that got highlighted in Android newsfeeds, I don't know why you want to spam more forums. That was already a lot of reach there.

Different programmers come from different countries. Each has their own flavor community. Even though Reddit is popular, but not all programmers in the world actively visiting Reddit.

Last edited:
Ah, I see, so you are looking for leads for those country/language specific forums? Presumably you'll also find somebody to help you translate to those specific languages.

I can understand the motivation for this project back in 2008 because back then it was Office 2007 specific. But it's now 2019 and Microsoft has provided the Windows Ribbon Framework. Why not use the OS provided APIs instead?

Update: Ah, I see. This is just a wrapper around the Windows Ribbon Framework, and provides a much more user friendly way to create ribbon controls instead of hacking on XAML directly.

Last edited:
I there any possibility of this being upgraded for .Net 6?
Given that it's open source, you should probably be able to do it yourself. The code likely wouldn't change much, if at all. It's likely just a case of creating a new project targeting .NET 6, copying in the code and building.

Given that it's open source, you should probably be able to do it yourself. The code likely wouldn't change much, if at all. It's likely just a case of creating a new project targeting .NET 6, copying in the code and building.

Yes i tried that it doesnt work, compiles ok, but the design time functionaility is mssing, it's allmost lke the Verbs design time stuff (of which i know nothing) is missing from .Net 6.

Is it just another NuGet package that needs to be downloaded has all the "Verbs design time stuff"?

Is it just another NuGet package that needs to be downloaded has all the "Verbs design time stuff"?
Hi, im sorry i dont understand what you mean. Neither package has the required functionaility when converted to .net 6. Both compile with no problems, nothing is missing, but the neccesary design time functionality simply doesn't work in either package in .net 6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom