Question Voice Recognition and Speech to Text

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, today I decided to branch out in order to get more information. Let's say you're singing a song and you want other people to see the words you are singing on screen. What is the easiest way to go about making something like this? Reference of other programs that have done something similar would be nice. The second scenario, let us say you only know one word and not the next word to the song. How could I show the person singing the next word in the song while singing? Thank you so much in advance and I can't wait to start this new adventure.

Such general questions as this can be answered with a simple web search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=c#+vo...YaTQJHs5HGq95t6kOzWclhBP6NtOWyjnblj0Q&plvar=0

Personally, I find Bing a better option for .NET development searches. The very first match there is this page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...per/speech-technologies/hh361683(v=office.14)

which is entitled "Get Started with Speech Recognition". That seems rather relevant for someone who wants to get started with speech recognition and that took me all of 10 seconds to get to. I'm not trying to discourage you from using this site or sites like it but a web search - preferably a Bing search - should always be your first step, particularly for something so general. When you start to get to more specific topics then you may have trouble finding what you need. That would be the time to post a specific question here, describing what you've done and where you're stuck. The more relevant information and the less irrelevant information you can provide the better, so that we can cut right to the heart of the problem.

Such general questions as this can be answered with a simple web search.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=c#+vo...YaTQJHs5HGq95t6kOzWclhBP6NtOWyjnblj0Q&plvar=0

Personally, I find Bing a better option for .NET development searches. The very first match there is this page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...per/speech-technologies/hh361683(v=office.14)

which is entitled "Get Started with Speech Recognition". That seems rather relevant for someone who wants to get started with speech recognition and that took me all of 10 seconds to get to. I'm not trying to discourage you from using this site or sites like it but a web search - preferably a Bing search - should always be your first step, particularly for something so general. When you start to get to more specific topics then you may have trouble finding what you need. That would be the time to post a specific question here, describing what you've done and where you're stuck. The more relevant information and the less irrelevant information you can provide the better, so that we can cut right to the heart of the problem.
Sorry to get back to you so late. I should've mentioned that I've never used C# and yes a simple search may have helped me it wasn't going to get me very far. So after 3 hours of reading that document and digging around the internet, I finally figured out how to make the software. Having never even used visual studio I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up using .NET Core instead of .NET Framework. After I switched the project over it worked. Now I just need to figure out how to update the grammar so it's more accurate.

Sorry to get back to you so late.
No sweat. I'm in Australia so I'm used to people being asleep when I post much of the time.
I ended up using .NET Core instead of .NET Framework.
Are you aware that .NET Core only supports ASP.NET (web) and Console (commandline) applications at this stage? Support for GUI apps using WinForms and WPF is coming in version 3.0 but they haven't announced when that will arrive at this stage.

No sweat. I'm in Australia so I'm used to people being asleep when I post much of the time.

Are you aware that .NET Core only supports ASP.NET (web) and Console (commandline) applications at this stage? Support for GUI apps using WinForms and WPF is coming in version 3.0 but they haven't announced when that will arrive at this stage.
Thanks again. I switched to .NET Framework. I'm working on making the grammar more accurate and making a GUI for the program instead of using .NET Framework as a Console Application.

Back
Top Bottom