What is best scenario on desktop app for 30 day trial license ?

ahmedsa

Programming Experience
1-3
I work on windows desktop application using c#

I need to sell my app so I need to protect him using license for 30 day

then after that client can't use my app as trial version

so what best technology or technique that can do that as free library ?

What I have tried:

I stored key and value on registry and every time I start my app i compare it with value on register so are this good idea for 30 day trial or there are another thing best

Anything you do yourself is going to be either very weak or take so much time as to not really be worth it. If you are selling your software then you should invest in a proper licensing component. Nothing is 100% secure but they have already had the time put into them. You can pay a lot but there are some cheaper options for basic needs. I haven't used anything like that for a while but, in the past, I have used Quick License Manager and Infralution Licensing System.

I stored key and value on registry and every time I start my app i compare it with value on register
So what happens if the user uninstalls your application? Do you delete the registry entry?

Are you going to be a bad application develeper who doesn't do a clean uninstall and leave the registry entry behind on an uninstall?

But what will prevent the user from uninstalling after 30 days and then reinstalling if you are a good application developer and do a clean uninstall?

Moral choices: Be good but lose out on money? Or be bad and make some money?

Back
Top Bottom