Question Which ide

VS Code works great on my personal machines.

Unfortunately sucks rotten eggs through a dirty garden hose on my work laptop. But it's not really the fault of VS Code, but rather the antivirus and nanny-ware running on my work laptop that basically cripples VS Code and makes it freeze every few minutes, particularly when it tries to talk to a language parsing service running on the same machine. Basically our corporate security has locked down our machines so much that the default configuration thinks that there is some kind of attack happening. The irony is that corporate security tells us to workaround the issue by running VS Code as an elevated user. So instead of being safe and blunting a real attack by malware hiding as a VS Code extension, they are telling us to go ahead and expose ourselves. Security Theater (TM)

I don't think you can beat Visual Studio to be honest. As a beginner I found it massively overwhelming at the start, & I don't use it nowhere to it's potential. I started off on codeBlocks which was very good & I preferred it at the start but not now. This is greatly because VS is the benchmark, so most of the tutorials, downloadable code is on VS.

VS19 is very good. When VSC was designed, it was then seen for the potential to be used by a variety of other languages and has been designed to work with other project types etc other than Microsofts. But I run it on Linux, so I don't have issues with it. You should however make sure you have all the latest windows updates and redist packages installed.

Visual Studio Code is the best editor.

Don't even think about using other editors.

If you still want to look for other options then these are the top 5 best code editors for Mac and Windows in 2020.

1) Visual Studio Code

2) PyCharm

3) Sublime Text

4) Atom

5) Brackets

Best Regards,

The question is about IDE (integrated development environment) for C#, not just a code editor.

Back
Top Bottom