Question Xamarin References like System.Web.Services or Mono.Data.Sqlite not working in MAUI

4647t35c1v

Programming Experience
10+
Hello, I'm trying to migrate a project from Xamarin.Forms to .Net MAUI (.Net 8).

With Xamarin.Forms I had some references inside the iOS and Android projects:
System.Data
System.Web.Services
Mono.Data.Sqlite

After migration I can find these under Dependencies – Assemblies with warning symbols.
Defining the namespaces is not working.

Can I no longer use these references under .NET MAUI?
I want to consume ASMX (SOAP) web services and use its CookieContainer property.
I would also like to access the local Sqlite DB with commands, data readers, etc.

Maybe someone can help me. Thank you!

Last edited:
Are there any messages shown when you hover over the warning symbols?

What happens when you remove the dependency and re-add the latest version as a dependency?

No, there are no messages.
I can't re-add the dependency.

With Xamarin.Forms I can go to Android or iOS Project, go there to "References", Right Click "Add Reference" - go there to "Assemblies". There are all the needed references like System.Data.SQLite.
Right Click on "References" - "Add Web Reference". Then I can insert a Web Reference to a ASMX Webservice (SOAP).

This is not possible in the migrated .Net MAUI projects or in a new empty .Net MAUI project.
There is no option "Add Web Reference". And when I try to add a reference, there is missing the "Assemblies" section on the left side of the Reference Manager Window.

I think with newer versions of projects, you need to add NuGet packages instead of adding references.

Back
Top Bottom