ABB robot control with Kinect xbox 360

kang3978

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am developing my final year project about manipulation of ABB robot with Kinect xbox 360. I have found a similar project on github but the C# coding got errors such as CS0246 and CS0117 while debugging in Visual studio.
1620789662752.png

Those error messages are telling you that certain types can't be found or certain types don't have certain specified members. It's up to you to find out where those types and members are declared and ensure that you have referenced the appropriate assembly(ies) and imported the appropriate namespace(s). My immediate suspicion would be that you have referenced the wrong version of the Kinect SDK. I've never used Kinect in any capacity so I'm guessing to a degree but, from what I'm seeing, you need Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 and to import WindowsPreview.Kinect. The Reference section here includes documentation for the types and members that those error messages say are missing. The documentation for v1.8 of the SDK is here and the Reference section also lists those types and members, but under a different namespace. I suspect that the code you downloaded used v1.8 but you're using v2.0, in which case you would need to change the namespace to that used by v2.0, i.e. WindowsPreview.Kinect rather than Microsoft.Kinect

Those error messages are telling you that certain types can't be found or certain types don't have certain specified members. It's up to you to find out where those types and members are declared and ensure that you have referenced the appropriate assembly(ies) and imported the appropriate namespace(s). My immediate suspicion would be that you have referenced the wrong version of the Kinect SDK. I've never used Kinect in any capacity so I'm guessing to a degree but, from what I'm seeing, you need Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 and to import WindowsPreview.Kinect. The Reference section here includes documentation for the types and members that those error messages say are missing. The documentation for v1.8 of the SDK is here and the Reference section also lists those types and members, but under a different namespace. I suspect that the code you downloaded used v1.8 but you're using v2.0, in which case you would need to change the namespace to that used by v2.0, i.e. WindowsPreview.Kinect rather than Microsoft.Kinect
Thanks for ur reply. Because of my project is using the Kinect Xbox 360 (version1) and the sample project I've downloaded is using Kinect v2 so the SDK version that Im using (v1.8) should be acceptable. After that I found there are different namespace used between Kinect v1 and v2 so I changed some of them but still got errors. Could u help me to check please, I have to submit this project as my final year project next month. The C# and RAPID coding shown in the video description.

Wait... So you premised you academic career on a final project where you were depending on just using a similar project on GitHub? Isn't that like betting your final exam grade and hoping to be able to copy off somebody else's test paper and hoping that other person studied for the exam and is writing down the correct answers?

The point of a final project is to showcase the skills that you have, not someone else's skills.

Wait... So you premised you academic career on a final project where you were depending on just using a similar project on GitHub? Isn't that like betting your final exam grade and hoping to be able to copy off somebody else's test paper and hoping that other person studied for the exam and is writing down the correct answers?

The point of a final project is to showcase the skills that you have, not someone else's skills.
Nope2, because of my academic field is on manufacturing/production and this project title given is ady outside my field. I have started to learning C# and RAPID programming language from starting until now but i think still in the beginner level so I have to get assistance or reference from experts like u guys.

It does sound rather dubious but I'm not going to say that I won't help. You need to be specific about the issue though. I'm not going to watch a video to find out what errors you have in your code. You need to provide a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem, i.e. what you're trying to achieve, how you're trying to achieve it and what happens when you try. That includes code posted as text and formatted appropriately as well as error messages and where they are generated. You also need to keep each thread to a single topic, so don't ask every unrelated question about this project in this one thread. You need to be able to provide a succinct title that describes the topic of the thread. If you can't then you either haven't given the issue enough thought or you're trying to fit too much into a single thread.

Back
Top Bottom