Beginner advice

JakeTurner555

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,
I recently just started too try and increase my knowledge and decided to choose c# and I was just wondering what resources people would recommend for increasing my understanding of the language.
Thank you in advance

People will tell you to read this book and that book, and while some of the suggested books are helpful, especially when covering specific topics. There is no better resource than reading the documentation from the people who made it. The only resource you will need is here : .NET documentation

People will tell you to read this book and that book, and while some of the suggested books are helpful, especially when covering specific topics. There is no better resource than reading the documentation from the people who made it. The only resource you will need is here : .NET documentation
Thank you I will have a look over the next few days, is there any areas I should spend more time with?

It really depends. Do you already know a programming language? If so, then you can typically do a quick skim through the C# language and get your feet wet by working on a simple project like re-implementing your favorite game or toy project, then go back and start digging deeper into specific language features.

If you don't know how to program already, then you may actually have to step back from the .NET documentation, and learn how to program first. There are many books about how to learn to program using C#, and you'll need to read reviews and back of book covers to see which book seems to fit your learning style the best. I recommend staying away from YouTube videos.

I spent a bit of time last year with python but honestly I did that due to a friend who recommended to start there so I have a basic idea of how a code block should be structured.

I have also spent some time with in learning the basics of c# probably like 6 hours and have a basic grasp of it but I struggle more with applying the knowledge I have worked with most the basics just moved on to classes.

Back
Top Bottom