Question Emergency Services Project

sup3r93

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone, I am developing a project for the management of emergency vehicles, as you can see from the structure visible in the image there is a server and five clients, with many accesses to the server, I have now thought to avoid giving the access to the database to dozens of users to use the server as a tunnel, surely I will have to establish a connection between the server and the client, but how can I get data from the mysql database passing through the server ?, it is by chance possible to use some server classes from the client?
thank you all

Cattura.PNG

Solution
The server will probably be a Web API application, which is basically an MVC web site without the UI. Controller actions return data rather than a view to display in a browser. The server accesses the database just like any other application, using ADO.NET, EF or whatever you choose. The clients make requests to the appropriate URLs to get data from the server. Any application or library can consume a Web API.
The server will probably be a Web API application, which is basically an MVC web site without the UI. Controller actions return data rather than a view to display in a browser. The server accesses the database just like any other application, using ADO.NET, EF or whatever you choose. The clients make requests to the appropriate URLs to get data from the server. Any application or library can consume a Web API.

Solution
If this a school project or a real life for work project? If the latter, consider the various single points for failure and plan for redundancy and hot or automatic failovers. You don't want your emergency vehicles going to the wrong places or standing idle in the middle of a real emergency, where the emergency may include one or more of your components also going down.

If this a school project or a real life for work project? If the latter, consider the various single points for failure and plan for redundancy and hot or automatic failovers. You don't want your emergency vehicles going to the wrong places or standing idle in the middle of a real emergency, where the emergency may include one or more of your components also going down.

I currently work as an operator in an Italian health service, which manages non-urgent medical care, and for the moment we use the same software as the territorial emergency service, to send doctors to the intervention sites, I certainly do not think I will be able to do it alone. to create usable software, also because the security risks are too high, it would take a team of expert programmers to be able to make an optimal software.
That said, I'm still creating the project, so I'm arranging all the points slowly as I go forward.

1662652502998.png

Back
Top Bottom