ErrorCode XDG0003

simsenVejle

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi
I get the errorCode XDG0003. I can understand (while googeling" that is a name I don't make. And it is the name Path. I have several path. Some I can change to the right one. But some I have problems with. Let's take one of them:

Label:
<Label x:Name="LblComponentActiveId" Margin="0 0 8 0" Content="{Binding ElementName=LivComponents, Path=SelectedValue.ComponentId, Mode = TwoWay}"
       Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="2" Style="{StaticResource Label}" HorizontalContentAlignment="Left"  />

If I change in the ElementName or the Path name, I don't get the correct answer which is selected item in the LivComponents' id

If I do nothing and run the code, it shows the correct answer each time. No errors. It's only if I open the page, I can see there is an error in VS.

Can anyone of you please guide me to what I have to do?

Solution
Dig a bit deeper with those Google searches for that error code. The impression I'm getting is that error only started become prevalent around the same time that Visual Studio made the leap from 32-bit to 64-bit. Most of indications are that the error can be ignored -- if your code actually compiles and runs correctly. The error just seems to be centered around the WPF Designer having issues loading the assemblies referenced in the XAML.

So if you know your code compiles and works correctly, then report a problem to Microsoft so that hopefully this can be fixed and you can focus on real errors rather than false positives like this.

I hope that this issue doesn't become like what happened to the C/C++ in Visual Studio during the early...
Dig a bit deeper with those Google searches for that error code. The impression I'm getting is that error only started become prevalent around the same time that Visual Studio made the leap from 32-bit to 64-bit. Most of indications are that the error can be ignored -- if your code actually compiles and runs correctly. The error just seems to be centered around the WPF Designer having issues loading the assemblies referenced in the XAML.

So if you know your code compiles and works correctly, then report a problem to Microsoft so that hopefully this can be fixed and you can focus on real errors rather than false positives like this.

I hope that this issue doesn't become like what happened to the C/C++ in Visual Studio during the early 2000s and 2010s: there were spurious errors and warnings, and IntelliSense was giving incorrect information to the point that seasoned developers didn't trust it. They would only trust what the actual compiler reports at build time. Or they would pay extra money to get the JetBrains product or the like to provide more accurate information than Visual Studio could. Thankfully C/C++ parsing has gotten better since then.

Solution

I hope that this issue doesn't become like what happened to the C/C++ in Visual Studio during the early 2000s and 2010s: there were spurious errors and warnings, and IntelliSense was giving incorrect information to the point that seasoned developers didn't trust it. They would only trust what the actual compiler reports at build time. Or they would pay extra money to get the JetBrains product or the like to provide more accurate information than Visual Studio could. Thankfully C/C++ parsing has gotten better since then.

Thank you very much for your replay. I will then ignore the error (I hate to ignore errors, but the code worked perfectly 2 years ago without errors, so your explanation make sence to me) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom