Question Form needs to appear blank and ready for entry

BelkoBondi

Programming Experience
10+
Hello!
I am a new member of this forum and a C# newbie who is currently building a data entry form that I need to be able to only take in new data and write it to a backed SQL Server database. I don't want previous data that has been entered to be displayed. I have a form built and connected to the database but the form comes up displaying the first record from the table it will be writing to. Is there a setting or a way that I can be connected to that table and display the fileds for that table empty and ready for new entry?
Please forgive the simple nature of this question but I have spent a good deal of time trying to figure this out on my own and could not find a question in the forum of a similar nature. Any help or guidance provided would be greatly appreciated!
BB

BindingSource.AddNew method should probably be what you look for.

Eureka! Added it to the form load and I'm on a new record when I start the app. Now if I can just figure out how to make the existing records read-only....I'll be all set! Thank you very much!

Now if I can just figure out how to make the existing records read-only....
One suggestion I found was to use for example DataGridView.CellClick event, where you conditionally set the rows ReadOnly property, for example based on the rows IsNewRow property.

Back
Top Bottom