How to deploy and host ASP.NET framework web application on Windows Server 2022 and Ubuntu 22.04?

aaron-tay

Programming Experience
10+
I developed web application using ASP.NET framework 4.7.2 in Visual Studio 2022.
I should deploy it on the following servers.
OS: windows server 2022 (cloudzy.com), ubuntu 22.04 (hostinger.com)

I've read some blogs and articles on how to deploy and host this, but it doesn't help much.
I think it's because I'm new to ASP.NET development using C#.

How to do?
I need step-by-step guide.

If you've already read about it and still don't understand, there seems little point our explaining it when we may just be repeating what you've already read and you may still not understand it. At the very least you could provide links to what you've read but what you should do is explain the process as you understand it and specify exactly where the holes in your understanding are.

As far as I know, you cannot host something written for ASP.NET Framework 4.7.2 on Linux. You would need something developed for ASP.NET Core to be able to host on Linux.

As has been said, for Linux, you need to create an ASP.Net Core application. They have a server (Kestrel) built-in that can be used for development at least. Try generating an application and then, using Visual Studio, execute it, using F5 or Ctrl-F5. After the application is built, you will see a console window open and the application will open in a browser. It is possible to execute the application outside of VS in a console window. You can even do that in a Linux shell window. When you need to, you can learn about Nginx. You can use it in Windows and Linux to host the application. The important thing is to have an ASP.Net Core application.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom