Question learning with .Net framework 3.5 and 4.0?

Programming Experience
Beginner
Is there any issue learning asp.net,c#.net SQL-server with .Net framework 3.5 and 4.0 fundamentally any issue?

That depends on what you mean by "issue". You can certainly learn about all those things at the same time and you can certainly learn the .NET parts using .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0. That said, both those Frameworks are now officially unsupported, so it would be inadvisable to create production applications targeting them. I believe that .NET Framework 4.7.2 is the oldest that is still supported, and even v4.8.1 will be out of support relatively soon. You'll need to start looking at .NET Core fairly soon regardless (.NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core) so it would probably be better to learn using at least .NET 6 if possible. You'll also get access to some new framework and language features that way. That said, it's still valid to learn the basics on an old framework and then learn the newer bits later.

That depends on what you mean by "issue". You can certainly learn about all those things at the same time and you can certainly learn the .NET parts using .NET Framework 3.5 or 4.0. That said, both those Frameworks are now officially unsupported, so it would be inadvisable to create production applications targeting them. I believe that .NET Framework 4.7.2 is the oldest that is still supported, and even v4.8.1 will be out of support relatively soon. You'll need to start looking at .NET Core fairly soon regardless (.NET 5 and later are based on .NET Core) so it would probably be better to learn using at least .NET 6 if possible. You'll also get access to some new framework and language features that way. That said, it's still valid to learn the basics on an old framework and then learn the newer bits later.
It Really doesn`t matter the version of c# ,asp.net, and SQL-server. means I can Learn asp.net,c#.net and SQL-server with old .Net versions like 3.5 and 4.0. ,

There's really no need to quote the post above yours, you second deleted reply should have been sufficient.

Anyway, yes, you can learn using an older version of the
NET framework, ASP.NET, SQL, language, but:
  • You are exposing your machine to higher security risks by having those versions on your machine.
  • ASP.NET itself is mostly stable, ASP.NET MVC has changed significantly since the older version, and the current version, so you will have to do more learning again.
  • ASP.NET at around the 3.5 framework tends to encourage WebForms. Although WebForms is still n supported, most people have dropped that (insane) way of writing web apps.
  • An older version of the .NET Framework will force you to use an older version of the C# language. All though currently old C# is forward compatible, you maybe with writing stuff that will look "archaic".
  • Since you seem to be looking at web technologies, some of the recommended classes for making web requests has changed since the older frameworks.
  • SQL is pretty stable from the programming side. I think the only major leap would be support for JSON columns. But there are changes in configuration and setup. If you will be the type of developer who goes "The Ops or DBAs will take care of it. I don't need to know any of that.", then you can use any version of SQL that you want.

Back
Top Bottom