Making a button's appearance editable by user

vangor93

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I'm just starting out planning a mobile app. This will be my first attempt, so I still have a lot of research to do. A part of my app will be a remote control. I'd like the user to be able to customize the buttons appearance and save configurations. I'm going to start out simple and just have the background color, image, text be editable properties. I'm just looking for some guidance on what avenue I should pursue for something like this. My plan was to have a remote configuration page with blank buttons, the user then could press a button and it would display a popup with choices for the properties that could be customized. I was thinking I'd make Custom button object and pass that to a modal page with the editable properties listed. I'm still reading up on Xamarin forms so I don't even know if something like that would then pass that object back when the modal page is closed. Again, any information/advice would be helpful. I haven't started to write too much code yet, as I like to have a good plan before I just start trying to hack pages together.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom