Question Web page interaction

Programming Experience
3-5
I want to develop a C# console app that interacts with web page user provide it.
i.e; If i have a column on my webpage where the user have to set (tick/cross) sign.
I want that my C# app fill that whole column automatically according to data I provide it.
Kindly recommend me methods for this problem.

If you expect the changes you make to be submitted to the web server then a Console app is probably not the best option. You may be able to use a WebView2 but I'm not sure whether that's designed to be used exclusively in code rather than in a GUI. That is the first thing you should investigate. If not, you may be able to use Selenium, but I don't know much about that either.

In the past, like for example when I had to use the Amazon AWS web interface to create 200 firewall rules, I just knocked together a quick winforms app that used SendKeys to type into the browser window as if the user would, because the set of keystrokes to tab between the boxes and buttons were always the same. There are more sophisticated automation methods; SendKeys is a bit of a last resort. Agree with jmc's note about selenium- it's very good at "looking at" web pages and finding the thing it has to click on

+1 for Selenium.

I heard about a guy who passed his Coast Guard seamanship training by using Selenium to drive the several hours long web based course. Thankfully, he doesn't own a boat anymore. :)

Back
Top Bottom