What would I need to use if I'm looking to create a conversational AI?

sock1992

Programming Experience
Beginner
For my final year project I've decided to create a chatbot about mental health i.e. depression and anxiety. I’ll be working on it from the end of this month until the start of September.

My question is what would be the best way to implement this? Baring in mind this would be about mental health so I'm not looking to build a basic chatbot.

I’ve been doing some research and I’ve seen some people use machine learning, integrating ML.net to the Microsoft bot framework (echo bot Net core 3.1).

I've also seen some people create the chatbot using the Azure bot service?

I am also looking to implement the chat bot into a web application. For this I would need to use asp.net right? (I am new to this and have never used it). I just need a bit of clarification before I start doing anything. If someone could give me a bit of advice I would really appreciate it!

Start playing with Eliza ? :)

Anyway, there are two major parts you need to solve, the UI, and the actual chatbot logic. I recommend getting a console application running first. Something just like Eliza. And then once you've got that working, then decide if you want the chat completely hosted on your own website, or if the chatbot would actually interact with other existing chat/IM services.

Start playing with Eliza ? :)

Anyway, there are two major parts you need to solve, the UI, and the actual chatbot logic. I recommend getting a console application running first. Something just like Eliza. And then once you've got that working, then decide if you want the chat completely hosted on your own website, or if the chatbot would actually interact with other existing chat/IM services.
Okay thanks @Skydiver ill check that out ?

I’m thinking of putting the chat on my own website as that will allow me to learn more skills in C#. After university I’ll want to create my own portfolio, so learning Asp.net would be really beneficial to me later on.

Back
Top Bottom